Who are Street Buddies?
We are a group of community members committed to making positive changes in our local community, join us and make a difference!
Why do we need Street Buddies?
You may or may not know it but there are many things going on in your community, such as events, clubs, coffee mornings, hobby groups, walks, talks, trips and sport clubs. These take place in various venues such as sheltered accommodation, cafes, industrial units, community halls, church halls are just some examples. There are services out there that you, a family member or friend can benefit from that you don’t even know about. This is where a street buddy can help. By becoming a street buddy you can help:-
- people in their community
- increase awareness and use of local services
- increase confidence in residents finding solutions to their needs
- reduce isolation and increase well-being amongst individuals
- promote a joined up approach between service providers
- provide a more equal and resilient community for residents
Interested in becoming a Street Buddy, but what is in it for you?
A street buddy role can fit around your own schedule and interests. For example if you are passionate about the environment, you could focus the role around that. Or you may want to put on an event in your area – the street buddy role and network can help you with that. Whatever your interest is, there is an opportunity to tailor your role around that. By joining you can
- Learn new skills
- Make new friends
- Earn Time Credits
- Join a group
- Induction and ongoing training
- Help to make a difference
- Increase you confidence
- Enjoy a better quality of life
New for 2019! Monthly meetings of the street buddies will be scheduled soon. Please contact Llanelli Rural Council on 01554 774103 or by email [email protected] to register your interest.